Why is the price of XYO tokens dropping

I was just wondering why the xyo token price was dropping so fast and what will it take to go up?

1 Like

Insiders had to pay for their trip to Tokyo and Austin, so they sold a shitload of tokens.

2 Likes

The price is still dropping lost more than 60% that sucks

1 Like

That does suck. Haven’t checked the last price but it’s up from when Coin finally xfered my shit to KuCoin

0 Likes

“Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful!” WARREN BUFFETT

There are very few people trading XYO so small orders can have a big effect. I suspect some miners are treating it as “free” money and just selling with no consideration for the long term. The price has dropped so low that we might actually see some panic selling, which is a good sign. Panic selling sometimes exhausts most all the sellers out.

If you believe in the company and the project then this can be a buying opportunity. If XYO tokens went to a buck within the next five years and you had accumulated a ton of it for nothing, or for little money we will all be doing high-fives.

8 Likes

@Stillbiggie

Its actually is an awesome time to buy, and its not going lower due to sales, you can see that on Etherscan. Cryptos fluctuate on way different factors than lets say common stock. It could be a bull run on ETH in general, interest in the BTC side of the house, a valuation or ERC20s in general, company news, market cap, volume over time. Just look at stuff like BTC and LiteCoin, or even plain ETH, in last month or so there has been a $2K raise in BTC token value, even when ppl were putting out reports saying it was going to go to nothing. Or like ETH which dropped all the way to $80 but has doubled in the last 3 months. I was lucky to buy ETH at $86 and use it to buy more XYO when its valuation was $176 couple days ago. I wouldn’t worry at all, I would do the opposite and just buy more while its at this price, the tech and the vision has not changed. Its good to keep some ETH in your wallet due to its upspring and the value you may get off of it going higher to purchase other ERC20s

8 Likes

@Stillbiggie I am with you on buying. I feel comfortable scaling into XYO. What I like about the company is it gives us little investors an opportunity that used to be reserved mainly for the big private money. Initial public offerings are the big payday for the private money that got in at the start which is the opportunity here. XYO is not really on the big money’s radar…yet. When it does get there you may have someone like Goldmans or JP Morgan willing to underwrite a public offering. Or maybe hedge funds see the opportunity and decide this is where they want their clients. When that happens then Katie-bar-the-door. XYO tokens and the company’s equity will soar. Right now there is still a ton of work that needs to get done, and we all want to see them start to get some clients onboard…like the scooter company we heard about this last week.

8 Likes

@PresNav
Scooter company…You mean that company that IPO’d two weeks ago…called…Lyft (look for the clues in the pictures, they are there and were purposely hinted at…well blatantly, like Scott and others on scooters with the camera solidly focused on the huge LYFT sticker on it)

4 Likes

Ah, I am not clued into the scooter scene so I totally missed that association with Lyft. Lyft indeed does scooters and they do them in San Diego. This could just be an opener as Lyft’s other business line has plenty of geospatial use cases as well. Perhaps XYO can give Lyft a competitive advantage.

5 Likes

Some people just don’t understand why investing really is long term with this company don’t sweat the small shit… You’ll see don’t give up people But but I totally agree with exactly with what you stated …They just need to calm down remember it’s just starting up …

8 Likes

Thanks guys!

Jason Jones

1 Like

There’s a lot of people who like to make up complete lies (like the team sold off tokens to attend Austin and Tokyo events) to create panic and cause people to sell their tokens cheap, so they can buy them up at a lower price. There’s a whole group of people doing that right now so they can accumulate more. This happens in every crypto project worth anything, but it won’t last forever. Try not to worry too much about it, or get played for a fool and sell off.

5 Likes

@pizzamind
My comment was a joke! I can’t afford to buy more tokens because I invested in XY Class “A” stock.

0 Likes

I am not selling my tokens I’m in it for the long haul. I was just wondering why the price was plummeting?

Jason Jones

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

The token hasn’t had a utility… until now. The network apps have been updated and once we move over to the live Ethereum net in Matrix, all requests will require payment in XYO tokens to execute… aaaand staking is coming very soon. Staking is a huge component to giving XYO tokens higher value. Full details will be explained once it’s finished being coded and deployed. Very very soon!

3 Likes

Remember think long term with this company as far as investment goes

3 Likes

Pizzamind stated in the telegram group that for the current Crypto Packages the XYO tokens are “locked for staking”.

What does this actually mean? The sales page makes no mention of the locking and it would be nice to know what limits are placed on the tokens before we actually purchase a package.

1 Like

I agree they need to be more informative to the community

1 Like

I’m going to be like Jim Cramer

Buy , buy , buy !

0 Likes