Sentinel batteries

how do you change the sentinel battery without ruining it

1 Like

screw driver and pry open gently

0 Likes

I find a 50 pence pice fits the hole exactly.

1 Like

A nickel works really well and might be an easier find.

0 Likes

Depends wherr you are… in the usa ya american coins are easier to get. here in the uk british coins are easier… something i will say about using rounded edge coins is it’s less serfice area comming into contact with the hole compaired with the stright edge of a 50 pence or even 20 pence coin.

1 Like

Has anyone investigated the difference between the CR3032H vs CR3032? I did not know if I have to replace with the 3032H or if plain 3032 will work without compromising any functionality. I have 8 that are dead.

2 Likes

I have replaced the CR3032H with the CR3032 and it works fine, not sure what the H stands for, they are the same size and same voltage.

3 Likes

This should help.

http://www.cr2032.co/suffixes-tech.html

2 Likes

Hum… so how much is a recharger? How many times would you need to recharge the battery for it to be more worthwhile than buying new? Only just woke up, my brain isnt working yet.

0 Likes

The H is one of the suffixes for the CR3032 Cell. L, M, and H suffix means it is rechargeable and has a Low, Medium or High discharge rate. Same size and Voltage.

1 Like

FYI, I found that a sentinel with a low battery makes a very quiet constant clicking noise. Change the batt, and it wakes right up!

2 Likes

Don’t use the XYO coin; it’s cheap metal with silver platting and not worth a quarter!

0 Likes